Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Korea School Lunch

Happy Hump Day. I finished the whole ton of rice the lunch mother gave me and had an extra serving of strawberry yogurt, so I'm super full. Full, but happy. One of my co-teachers is a total health nut, so she's been very happy with the new lunches, especially today's homemade strawberry yogurt. The nutrition teacher actually made the strawberry yogurt herself. Apparently you can make yogurt in the microwave!!! Here's an easy recipe I found online. The nutrition teacher added fresh strawberries to flavor it.


Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 (clockwise from top left dish):
sauce for the burdock rice (양념간장),
kimchi,
strawberry yogurt,
egg and green onion soup (계란실파국),
and burdock mixed rice (우엉밥)

3 comments:

  1. Your suggestion to make homemade yogurt using the microwave reminds me of the times I'd made yogurt at home. We would hardly be able to finish off the milk before it'd expire back when we'd purchase the Costco double gallon pack of milk, and we'd end up with a little more than half a gallon. That's when the idea to make yogurt came up. The first time turned out well, and it got better, meaning, more sour, with time (as the active yogurt cultures continued to do its thing). The second batch did not turn into yogurt, but cheese. Don't get me wrong, it was a pleasant error (temperature was too high), and we used it in casserole dishes. The dish turned out to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont remember these cooking experiments of yours. Was i in SD?

      Delete
    2. Of course you don't. These experiments were pretty recent, and performed in my own kitchen. :)

      Delete