Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lunch at a Korean School

Here's my school lunch! They gave me a TON of rice today. Even my co-teacher noticed and mentioned it. We had seasoned snails... I know, right? My school cafeteria was where I ate snails and eel for the first time ever. And I didn't know it. Snails don't taste bad with the spicy sauce. They're just really chewy.


Thursday, February 14, 2013 (clockwise from top left dish):
steamed chicken with carrots and mushrooms (닭찜),
seasoned snails (골뱅이무침),  
radish kimchi (깍두기),
pineapples,
kelp and radish soup (다시마무국),
and rice (차수수밥)

4 comments:

  1. You must have lost some weight...
    잘먹고 다녀라, especially the snails, which is pretty wonderful. Sometimes, I pass by the canned stuff at the supermarket and consider making it at home.
    I don't know about escargot, but the stuff doused in Korean-style sauce is a-okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make it! I'm sure there are lots of nutrients...

      Delete
    2. I'll make the jump once I find a good recipe. I'd like to make this for you when you come over. :)

      Delete
    3. .... as long as i get some corned beef with it

      Delete