Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun Weekend

Saturday's weather was beautiful in Korea. I wore my winter coat and a scarf, but ended up carrying my scarf around and was even hot without it. In the morning, my friends and I went to Gangnam for our laser hair removal appointment (so cheap in Korea!). Afterwards, we went to watch This Means War, which I highly recommend. It's an action-packed romantic comedy with plenty of eye candy. It was our first time at the CGV in Gangnam and let me just say....the engineers of that building must have been cuh-ra-zy. In America, escalators are usually next to each other so that it's easy to go from floor to floor, up or down. The escalators in Korea, however, are scattered! It's so confusing because it's hard to find the entrances. The elevator didn't even go to the 6th floor where our movie was playing. We almost missed the beginning because we had to backtrack and couldn't find the right escalator. The movie put us in high spirits though and when we walked out of the theatre, we were blinded by the sun. One of my friends immediately pulled out her sunglasses like a diva.
Some friends went their own ways, but a few of us went to De Chocolate Coffee for some coffee. I really like that cafe! I'm not really a chocolate or a coffee person, but who can pass up chocolate plus coffee?! After coffee, 3 of us decided to spontaneously check out Mie's Container. We've always wanted to eat there, but the line is always ridiculously long. The line is always 98% female, too. It's because this restaurant is also known as the "Hooters for girls." The employees are all supposed to be good-looking guys. We got in line around 3:30 and were seated around 4:45. It was a long wait, but I had good company.
When we finally got inside the sacred doors, I was impressed. The restaurant won a graphic design award in 2011, and I could see why. The theme of the restaurant is "construction site," so everything from the interior to the table numbers reminded me of a construction site. The waiters are always shouting to each other, too, just like at real construction sites. The three of us shared two dishes: a sweet potato pizza and a BBQ chicken set. When they gave us the food, the waiter gave us all high-fives and told us to enjoy our meal. The waiters were mostly good-looking. Sadly, they didn't have muscles, but I still enjoyed myself. The food was really good. The pizza had lots of gooey cheese and the BBQ chicken reminded me of Phil's BBQ in San Diego. The chicken platter came with potato chips, fries, coleslaw, corn salad, and 4 different dips. I'd go back for a second meal. One of my friends started talking about how the girls at Hooters dance, so she called one of the waiters over and asked him, "Do you guys dance? Sexy dance?" The waiter's face turned red and he shyly said, "No." Darn. No dancing is definitely not Hooters-esque.
My friend and I went back to my place so that I could get ready for a night of dancing! We got to Suwon station around 10 and headed to Lao Bar where we were going to meet with 2 other girls. We got some drinks and waited until 12 to go to Club Tao. It was a good night. The dj played a lot of techno for the first 30 minutes we were there, but the music changed to hip-hop/ R&B, which is my favorite. Besides the music, it was just a good night because we were all excited just to be dancing. I got home around 5 am, slept, and went to church. I met a friend for coffee afterwards. The coffee date turned into a dinner date when we called another friend. Then the 3 of us decided to get a drink at Lao. 1 drink turned into 4, but Stephen left us girls after his first drink. We missed the last bus and I accidentally got drunk. Just another fun weekend in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment