Monday, March 12, 2012

Babbler

I am a reserved person. Well, in some situations, I'm able to put myself out there, but I usually don't talk a lot about myself. It's hard to get to know someone with my personality, unless you're willing to drag things out of me.... I don't know why I'm like that either. I do like talking, but maybe it's the Asian in me that keeps me shushed. On Friday though, I apparently babbled a lot- in a good way though. I remember giving one of my friends a talking to, telling him how he's been really emo and seems depressed lately. I told him, "You're leaving Korea soon when you don't really want to leave, so I think you've been thinking too much lately and it's bringing you down. It's making you act differently." I don't remember our conversation word for word, but my babbling did some good, because he took it to heart! Yesterday, he messaged me to say thank you for what I told him. He told me I am a good friend. This friend absolutely loves Korea- to the point that he put in the effort to learn Korean during the 3 years he lived here. I thought he was the type who would live here for as long as he could, so I can see why he seems confused. When people leave Korea, some are ready to get out of here; some leave with hesitations. I wonder which category I'll fall into come September. I really hope I'm ready and excited to start a new chapter of my life, rather than afraid of what is to come.

1 comment:

  1. Johnna, remember what the chiropractor told you when we got ourselves checked out many years ago? "Talk more." I'd like to add to that. It's important to be around trustworthy company.

    ReplyDelete