Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Alive"

I was at work on Friday and Sarah messaged me out of the blue: "Do you want to go to the Big Bang concert tonight?" I had totally forgotten about the concert after we failed at getting tickets when they first went up for sale (sold out in 5 minutes!). My first thought was: Friday is yoga day and I feel fat. I thought again and decided a Big Bang concert is not something I can go to anytime. So after work, I rushed home, changed, and got on a bus to Seoul.
I don't consider myself a Big Bang fan. I like their music though and feel that they're one of the few musicians in the K pop industry. They're also really good performers, so I was excited to see them perform live! My friend and I got to the stadium and looked out for "the ahjussis." They're at every performance to sell tickets and to buy leftover ones from you. I knew we couldn't talk to them too early because they'll just overcharge us. If timed right, I can usually get tickets for the original price or even less. We got lucky because we ended up by the ticket booth and they had tickets left. We bought standing tickets and were really excited for a full concert experience.
The concert was so much fun! Everyone stood up to dance throughout the whole concert (even people who had seats). Big Bang fans are cool and know how to enjoy music by their favorite singers. I had a good time dancing, jumping, and watching Taeyang take his shirt off- twice. My friend and I are the only ones who didn't have an official yellow Big Bang flash light, but it's cool. I like to think we stood out with our multi-colored glow stars. They performed a lot of their new songs, but also some of their classics. (I wish JYJ could perform some old songs....) During "거짓말" and "하루하루," Big Bang asked the fans to sing with them. They wanted "거짓말" to be the fans' love song to them. And fans sang "하루하루" because at an old concert, the sound wasn't working, but fans improvised and sang along with them. Big Bang wanted to thank them for that; Fan-singer interaction is pretty awesome.
As usual, Seungri had fun hogging the mic and doing most of the talking. Taeyang was the shy one and only talked twice: once when he introduced himself and the second when the members made him. G-Dragon is a funny guy! When he introduced himself, he said that it was just in case some people didn't know who he was (like anyone who was there wouldn't know). Everyone giggled. TOP apologized because his condition wasn't good. Daesung flew through the stadium with angel wings during his solo. That was pretty awesome. I bet he got cool photos.
Overall, I had a good time. I like JYJ, but I'd like more Big Bang-type fans to go to JYJ concerts. Our favorite singers are on stage! Let's party with them, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment