Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome to South Korea

hello Johnna. Welcome to South Korea. heheh
After 12 hours (actually 11 due to speeding skills of the pilots), I landed safely in South Korea. It was way too early to go over to Heejeong's house, so I hung out at the airport until Eunice had to board her plane for EA. I'm so so soo glad that Eunice and I had the same flight. It might have been a random coincidence for us, but I know God had a hand in this. By the time I boarded the plane, my anxiety was still growing, but knowing Eunice was with me put me at ease. I thought, "Man, if Eunice is staying abroad for the 2nd year in a row, I can do this too!!!" I was challenged and encouraged (feelings that lessened my nervousness).
Getting to know her was also a really good experience. We talked about her 1st year ST experience, her feelings about the upcoming one, boys (^^), how I felt about teaching, etc. etc. Hearing about her ST experience helped me to see how God is indeed working in and through her. It made me think, "God is so in love with His people." Seriously. What a feeling! So, I was challenged to make Korea my mission field during this year. I may not be here as a missionary, but we're created to live for His glory. Even though I may not be doing spiritually well right now, I have faith in You. Help me to take this small faith and serve You. And if it is Your will, I pray that You would ready me as Your vessel so that I may shine Your love. (Please keep me accountable!)

1 comment:

  1. reading your blogs make me want to make my own.......
    mmm...

    what are you getting me into?????
    :P

    ReplyDelete