Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dad's love

"December 13th was my dad's birthday. I called to wish him a happy birthday and as usual, all he wanted to talk about was how I was doing: Isn't it cold? How are your students? Do you take Jessica to church with you? etc.
I was praying for him before I went to bed that night and I could only say thank You. Ever since I grew out of my teenage "I hate my parents" stage, I knew that I was blessed to have a dad like mine. I'm blessed because my dad helps me to taste the Father's love. My dad is so patient with me, and I know God is even more patient with me. My dad puts his family before himself, and God selflessly sacrficed his one and only Son to give me new life. My dad always wants to give me the best of everything, and I know God gives me what's best for me."

If you notice my dad's birthdate, I started this blog entry quite a while ago, but I never got around to finishing it....I'm attaching it since it relates with what I want to blog about today.
나는 이렇게 기도한다.. 하나님의 사랑을 모르는 내가 사랑하는 친구들...아버지의 사랑을 제데로 경험 못 해서 너무너무 아쉽고 마음이 아프다. 아버지의 사랑을 보여주고싶은 마음은 많은데 내가 약해서 그렇게 못 할때가 많다.. 미안하다. 그리고 그리스도의 사랑으로 사랑한다. 내가 아는 사랑중에서 그런사랑이 제일 영원한 사랑이니까. 하나님의 사랑을 알 수있게 마음을 열어달라고 기도한다. This is how I pray.. for my friends whom I love who don't know God's love. I feel sad and heartbroken to think that my friends have yet to experience the Father's love. I have big desires to show you the Father's love, but I've failed too many times because of my weaknesses.. I'm sorry. And I love you with the love of Christ because out of all the different kinds of love I know, Christ love is the most everlasting. I pray for open hearts so you may know God's love.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. amen
    your prayer made me cry, because thats the exact same prayer and cry of my heart T_T lets continue to pray and seek His grace!
    and johnna, you are one of the greatest evidences of Christ's love in my life. i hope you know that :)
    love you friend, cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me think of my post...

    아버지의 사랑...
    마음아파... 그런 사랑 모르는 사람들이 많아서.....

    ReplyDelete